- Professionally Qualified SUP and Teaching Staff to support the children.
- Learn to Paddleboard
- Explore our coastline
- Learn about safety in, on and around the water.
- Build confidence and a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Play in a natural and safe environment
- Promoting mindfulness and wellbeing through activities such as Kids Yoga.
- The children will also play a role in the editing process and making of a short movie of their week at the school.
- Crawfordsburn Country Park
- ALL EQUIPMENT PROVIDED FOR PADDLEBOARDING
What to bring:
- Packed Lunch
- Change of Clothes
- Sunscreen (Please note, please apply sunscreen before arrival each day).
We understand that people are rightly concerned in the wake of the Covid Pandemic. We had long planned this years SUP School and had initially disregarded any chance of running it. As we have been moving along the NI Executive’s 5 Step Plan, we believe that prior to the 3rd August (Start of the SUP & Beach Scheme), we will have moved to Step 3, allowing people to meet outside in groups of up to 30, whilst maintaining social distancing, regular washing of hands and observing all gvt and public health agency advice.
The ethos of our scheme has always been to be outside, come rain or shine, and safely enjoy the awesome coastline we are blessed with. The safety of all children, staff and their families is, as always, our Number 1 priority. If we feel that due to any changes in Government Advice means that we cannot deliver this in a safe manner, The scheme will be cancelled and a full refund will be provided.
We will provide a wetsuit for each child which they will keep and maintain for the week so as there is no exchange of suits.
We are armed with more than enough Sanitiser and will encourage regular washing of hands from moment of arrival, after each activity and certainly before they sit down for their lunch.
We are asking that each child brings their own packed lunch, a snack and the all important bottle of water.
We are staffed by a team of Qualifed SUP Instructors and Teachers. We have made a lot of effort to build all elements of the Curriculum into what we deliver, in many ways disguised in games. Safety first, fun overlaying everything, and an undercoat of education throughout.